8-Bit Invaders

Lunak

Lieblings C&C

2ec0762b-82b3-494d-9ba8-77b934311d59.png

8-Bit Invaders! is the follow-up to 8-Bit Armies and 8-Bit Hordes. Control the military might of the Galactic Marine Corps or Invade with the devastating power of the Cranioids! Mine, Build, and Fight your way to victory! Conquering the Multiverse was never so easy. 8-Bit Invaders is cross-playable with 8-Bit Armies and 8-Bit Hordes!

8-Bit Invaders! coming soon to Steam

Welcome Back, Commander!

8-Bit Invaders FAQ

HOW MUCH WILL 8-BIT-INVADERS COST?
8-Bit Invaders will launch at $14.99 in November as a standalone game. A launch discount will also be made available at that time.

THE MODERN MILITARY FACTIONS CAN ALREADY PLAY AGAINST THE FANTASY FACTIONS. DOES THAT MEAN THAT 8-BIT INVADERS WILL ALSO JOIN THE FIGHT?
ABSOLUTELY! As the Eternal Commander is once again summoned into battle, 8-Bit Invaders allows for the same crossover functionality that allowed players to play against Armies/Hordes in multiplayer.

WHAT IF I OWN ALL THREE GAMES? CAN I PICK ANY FACTION FOR MULTIPLAYER, SKIRMISH, AND QUICKMATCH?
Most definitely! As with Armies/Hordes, owners of all three games will be allowed to pick from any of the factions, as well as host on any of the Official Maps from all products.

WHAT IF I ONLY OWN ONE OF THE GAMES?
If you only own one of the games, you can still see and join any multiplayer or quickmatch game using the factions you have access to. This means that an Invaders player can join a game hosted by a Hordes player, and vice versa. Essentially, you won’t have the ability to choose the factions or the maps from the game you don’t own.

DOES THIS MEAN THAT SUPPORT FOR 8-BIT ARMIES/HORDES GOING AWAY?
NOPE!
As all three titles are interoperable, any updates made to Invaders will transfer over to both Armies and Hordes. For example, if we add a free map, or release another new multiplayer mode, ALL three games will receive the update.

WHAT CAN WE EXPECT FROM THE “CONQUER THE METAVERSE METAGAME” MENTIONED IN THE ANNOUNCEMENT?
As we move closer to release, we will provide you guys with more details on this exciting new feature!! (Honestly it’s something that we are all REALLY excited about and can’t wait to follow up with more details and screenshots!)

WHEN IS THE BETA?
No date has been set for the Closed Beta. We will hand select a number of active 8-Bit Armies/Hordes players to help us balance the additional two factions at least a couple weeks before launch.

WHEN DOES 8-BIT INVADERS COME OUT?
November 2016

ss_e628eb5a8066b0a18589b67c9fc38cc3bf832a93.600x338.jpg
ss_869273a666537598f0821efcce7eeaacac62335e.600x338.jpg
ss_0660a94b7531bf6717b87b31a5177f74c685051c.600x338.jpg
ss_58b3ddf981dd4a83cdab9b5c48237f2cea3dc1f4.600x338.jpg
ss_3817789e157762c3ec7c8bf7e2d0d977ecede43f.600x338.jpg

Last edited:
Das ging schnell^^

Hatten se ja versprochen das se noch 2 in der Pipe hatten :D

Naja der Witz mit dem 8-bit wird langsam fade.
Ich meine sicherlich werde ich mir noch 10 oder 20 Erweiterungen zulegen,
aber langsam sollten die schon mal was an der Grafik und gameplay machen.

Ich will die Mauer zurück. ^^
Gdi_Nod_gate.jpg

So,

Hab gestern etwas mit PG geschrieben. Wir haben in dem Trailer Szene für Szene pausiert und versucht da was raus zu Kitzeln.

Fangen wir mal mit Economy an.
[19:09] TDB | OliBeu: Will the mining behaviour on 8bI be different compared to 8bA and 8bH??
[19:11] TDB | OliBeu: looks like you place a building over oil rig.
[19:12] Torpid: There are harvesters. But they stay docked and don't move back and forth. Refineries increase drain rate rather than acting as a dock.
Also, mit Invaders kommt auch eine dritte variante seinen Reibach zu machen. Die Sammler docken an den Resourcen punkt an und generieren Credits ohne hin und her zu bewegen. Aehnlich wie die öltürme bei RA2. Je mehr Raffinerien gebaut werden desto schneller pumpt der Sammler.

[19:13] TDB | OliBeu: is there going to be Silos?
[19:14] Torpid: No silos. Everything else works bascially the same as other 8-bit games.
Keine Silos da ich vermutet habe die kleinen zylinderförmigen Gebäude könnten entweder Silos oder eine art Energiequelle sein.

[19:14] TDB | OliBeu: then this round building could be some sort of powersource then?
[19:15] Torpid: The cranioids use the "food" mechanic (psychic control) and the marines use power.
Da nehme ich mal an das die Cranioids (Aliens) Supply cap haben werden ähnlich wie LightBringers und DeathSworn von 8bH und die Marines auf Strom gehen wie die Guardians und Renegades von 8bA. (Kann mich da aber auch irren ^^)

[19:14] Torpid: So three major changes are: harvesting, superweapons become epics and the build tree.
Die wichtigsten Aenderungen: Sammler/Economy, Superweapons sind neuerdings Epic Units und Build tree

[19:16] TDB | OliBeu: what you mean by superweapons become epics
[19:16] TDB | OliBeu: epic units?
[19:17] TDB | OliBeu: the walking snake/lizzard thing and the Thor?

[19:17] Torpid: Invaders factions don't have superweapons. They do have 2 minor commander abilities each (similar to the radar abilities in hordes). Instead of supers, their SW building spawns an epic after the cooldown. If the epic dies, the cooldown resets (like supers) and it will eventually spawn a new one. THe epic replaces the supers for the new factions.
Auf meine Frage ob SW nun Epicunits wären:
Invaders Fraktionen haben keine superwaffe im traditionellem Sinn. Anstatt das die SW Gebäude was abballern dienen die als spawn für die Epicunits welche 2 Kommando Fähigkeiten besitzen.
Falls der Epic stirb resetet der Cooldown und es spawnt ein neuer.

[19:19] TDB | OliBeu: damn thats massive!
[19:20] Torpid: yep, they are the biggest units we've made yet.
[19:20] biffy eh: They are so big we actually had to make everything else smaller and zoom the camera in

So das wars fürs erste ^^
Werde euch gerne auf dem Laufenden halten.
Die Neuerungen hören sich echt spannend an!

CONQUER THE METAVERSE...

Kein plan was das ist aber ich hoffe es geht in richtung risiko brettspiel und RCW/TCW ^^

Kann mir schon sowas vorstellen mit automatischem Frontverlauf, glaub Firestorm hatte sowas, leider nie gesehen, aber es lässt darauf schließen das die drei Universen gegeneinander antreten^^s

Heii @ All

Die Letzten Tage gaben die Entwickler via Discord immer nen kleinen LEak zu einheiten inform von Bildern. Diese will ich euch nicht vorenthalten.

Das neue HQ
unknown.png

Ne Air Drone die glaub Vyvern heisst.
unknown.png

T3 Units
provensupremeisbest.png

provensupremecy.png

unknown.png

Das Setting wird mir langsam Sympathisch. Die einheiten echt aufwändiger designed

:D Das HQ ist eine Reminiszenz an Mars Attacks. Sehr geil.

Pic Dump^^

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Torpid: We likely won't show any gameplay until the models, animations and visual FX are complete. After that, we'll likely release a few more videos for you.

00:26] Torpid: Functionally it's all working, but it's not leak-worthy yet :D

Petro legt sich design mässig echt ins zeug, hätte nicht gedacht das man mit Klötzchen so Einheiten hinbekommt :D

Spaß an der Arbeit merkt man halt :D

Alsooo... Paar neue Leaks^^

unknown.png

Die Epic Units

unknown.png

Öl pumpe
unknown.png

Und diese units heissen glaub ich "Harpies"

Fun Fact nebenbei:
Ich habe Torpids name schon öfters erwähnt, falls sich jemand wundert wer das überhaupt ist.
Liest selbst^^

[19:48] Torpid: I'm not a fan of upgrades that just give you numbers changes to units or structures. I've always favored upgrades that give the player new choices and customization to their builds. I did the design for Grey Goo upgrades (and some of UaW's upgrades) :smiley:
[19:52] Torpid: @TDB | OliBeu Thanks. I've been doing this for 20 years. I do occasionally get some things right :smiley:
[19:54] TDB | OliBeu: i'm sure you've got asked this a 1000 times and must be annoying, but did you already worked for westwood before Petroglyph?
[19:55] Torpid: @TDB | OliBeu Yes. I started at Westwood in QA on Kyrandia 3. I moved to design in Tiberian Sun, and then took over as lead designer on the Firestorm expansion and Pirates: Legend of Black Kat.

[20:06] Bluey: @Torpid question , whats your role in 8ba ?
[20:07] Torpid: @Bluey I'm senior designer on the project. Most of my time is as a systems designer - I design the factions, then build them in the data system then balance them. I also do all of the passability passes on the maps as art finishes them up, and lots of other little things. Most of the time once I'm done with data on one game I'm designing the next one :smiley:

[19:58] TDB | OliBeu: who else came from westwood we know from here? well mike ^^
[19:58] Torpid: All the partners (including Mike), the producer and CEO, several of the engineers.
[19:58] Torpid: Oh and our HR person.
[19:59] Torpid: We used to have some Ensemble people here but they moved on.

Da ich das sau spannend finde versuche ich demnächst etwas mehr über die Entwickler zu posten.

Nachtrag^^

[20:36] Torpid: OK, I don't have anything visual to leak to you guys today since Art is catching up. So I'll give you a list of all the structure and unit names.

[20:36] Torpid: CRANIOIDS:

Habitat
Armory
Launch Bay
HQ
Destroyer Pit
Research Lab
Parasite Hive
Motivator
Resource Enhancer
Hyper Cannon
Beam Cannon

Cranioid
Xenodog
Floating Brain
Stink Bug
Tripod
Blast Bug
Saucer
Agressor
Mothership
Destroyer
Harvester
Ability: Drop Point
Ability: Parasite Vision

GALACTIC MARINE CORPS:

Barracks
Heavy Factory
Drone Works
HQ
Titan Bay
Research Lab
Cloaking Generator
Power Plant
Resource Enhancer
Pulse Turret
Flak Cannon

Marine
Harpy
F.I.D.O. (Field-Invisble Deployable Ordinance)
Ogre
Manticore
Gorgon
Shrike
Gremlin
Wyvern
Titan
Harvester
Ability: Overcharge
Ability: Refraction Field

Last edited:
Finde ich cool, dass die Devs so redselig sind und sich "unters Volk" mischen.

-Bit Invaders Update and More!
Hey Players!

First, we would like to thank everyone for your AWESOME support since the release of 8-Bit Armies back in April. Since launch, we’ve updated our first 8-Bit game 26 times using the feedback that you have shared with us - and we have no intention of stopping support now. 8-Bit Hordes has also received a half-dozen updates over the last couple months since launch and we have more planned for the future that we’re eager to release.

As you all know, our third game 8-Bit Invaders! is a sci-fi angle on RTS using the same fun blocky art style from the series. Our goal is to continue introducing the real-time strategy genre to a new audience and grow the total number of players online by making all three games compatible while keeping the gameplay accessible and easy to learn. With the third game, we’re also introducing a new campaign mode that allows players to persist their army across multiple worlds and think a little more strategically about what their next move should be.

While development of this new feature is coming along great (it’s already playable) – we also want to make sure we get it right. Since this is something very new and somewhat experimental, we’re spending extra time building a challenging AI to play against and integrating various modifiers like superweapons and territory bonuses at the galactic level. We also want to make sure features like save/load are in and working, since this is a game mode that will likely take longer to play than just one sitting.

As much as we want to get it into your hands soon, we’re going to take a little while longer so we have enough time for tweaking, and any further polish work that needs to happen. Because of this, we will be delaying the launch of Invaders until December. Our hope is to share some screenshots of this new game mode in the next few weeks so you can get a better idea of how it’s going to play. And course, we’ll be looking for some beta testers before launch so that we can make sure everything is balanced as well as it can be. We’ll let you know the exact date of the beta as we get closer to launch.

Finally, we mentioned above that your feedback has been invaluable in helping us decide what to focus on in our game updates. We’re still listening!

Due to popular demand, on December 11th we’ll be releasing a Unit Voice Pack DLC for 8-Bit Hordes which adds verbal responses for both the LightBringers and Deathsworn factions. These new voices recorded with professional actors and actresses add a lot of character to the game and we can’t wait for you to hear them. Best of all, we’re making this DLC available for the heavily discounted price of FREE! Even better, a Unit Voice Pack for 8-Bit Armies is also on the horizon to be released later.

Once again, we appreciate your support and the great feedback we’ve received through your reviews of the game. It’s really energizing for us to read through your comments and discuss what’s next for the future of the 8-Bit series. We couldn’t do it without you!

Thanks,

-8Bit

Geil die gehen weg von diesem Angry birds drei sterne Kampagne

Voice Packs! Stark!

Neue Bilder

ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK ACKK ACKA CKAC ACK !
14883413_330089714013533_5347481824680413560_o.jpg

14882155_330089780680193_777076405961002985_o.png

14890332_330089897346848_2361440706461768507_o.jpg

14917179_330089864013518_8788997657426658626_o.jpg

14976450_330089927346845_6558107017397864078_o.jpg

14902805_330090050680166_5803574643662927992_o.jpg

PG_Ren: 8-Bit Fight Night Stream (Saturday Morning Edition)

As you guys are aware, we've tried to do Stream before, but doing them during the week is nearly impossible.

However, until the release of 8-bit Invaders we are going to stream every Saturday morning (10am Pacific Time). Our trial run starting this Saturday 11/05/2016

Official Twitch Stream https://www.twitch.tv/pg_ren

As always, you guys are invited to join Juke and Myself as we goof around and stream some good games. @everyone(bearbeitet)

Also 17 Uhr unserer Zeit streamen die beiden Community Manager Jay "juke" und Ren. Coole sache!

[22:17] TDB | OliBeu: shy question torpid on the main menu leak there was the metagame menu is it part of singleplayer or Multiplayer?

[22:18] TDB | OliBeu: because there was also campaign

unknown.png

[22:19] Torpid: @TDB | OliBeu That's the "conquer the multiverse" mode. It's single player.[22:20] TDB | OliBeu: okeii awsome this name somehow reminds me on SW empire at war galactic map(bearbeitet)
[22:20] Torpid: More like world domination. A closer example would be galactic mode from Empire at War.
[22:21] TDB | OliBeu: YES!
[22:21] Torpid: I can't really talk too much about it yet since it's still somewhat in flux.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom