esl tv/octoshape

Octoshape contains a trojan which on my scanner says high risk... so yea i deleted that crap just thought i would let you know since probably more people use that crap^^.

Ich glaube mit Premiumaccount und Flashplayer muss Octoshape nicht mehr gestartet werden.
Mich nerven diese Extraprogramme aber auch immer :/-

Allerdings hat die ESL so viele User, sodass es auffallen würde, wenn Octoshape Malware wäre.

My Antivirus once told me RA3.exe is a Virus so i had to delete it :D

Hat halt erkannt, dass es nen mieses Game ist und du es schnellstmöglich von der Platte haben solltest :D

Octoshape contains a trojan which on my scanner says high risk... so yea i deleted that crap just thought i would let you know since probably more people use that crap^^.
Yeah, a software used to transmit the Inaugural Speech of Obama, the European Song Contest 2008 and NBA games is surely virus infected, crappy software.

Ever heard of "False Positive"?

PS: Highest sensibility in a virus scanner does not mean highest security, just more false positives, btw.

Yea i know about that but not sure if thats the case here...

What to do if you have Octoshape on your PC

As I mentioned earlier, the Octoshape app isn't currently a threat. But I personally would rather put up with a slightly jerky video than run an application on my PC that's sending God-knows-what to who-knows-whom.

Fortunately, the Octoshape program isn't hard to find or remove:

■Step 1. To find out whether the Octoshape app is running, you can use Windows' built-in Task Manager. (Right-click a blank space on the Task Bar, and then click Task Manager.)

As Susan Bradley shows in a blog post, when you're viewing a live stream from CNN.com, you'll see in Task Manager a service called octoshape.exe. (In the illustration on her blog, instances of the service are shown to be consuming 63MB of RAM, but a lot of this memory may be taken up by the Flash Player itself.)

■Step 2. To remove Octoshape's app, you can use the Control Panel in either Windows XP or Vista. In XP, the applet is called Add or Remove Programs. In Vista, it's Programs and Features. The "Octoshape add-in for Adobe Flash Player" is the name of the program to uninstall.

Strangely, there isn't an uninstaller for the Mac version of the app. You have to manually delete the Octoshape folder.

These removal procedures are explained in detail at the bottom of the Octoshape Grid Delivery FAQ.

Back
Top Bottom