Map: Angel's Gate - contest entry #2

startingzone.png

Angels Gate features 5 nodes - where the majority of the nodes are located to the south of the map, There will be 1 / 2 blue tiberium spawners and 4 green tiberium spawners.

Angel's Gate, located in China, is GDI's last know yellow zone in the east; located near black zones (zones that formed unknown horrors lining cliffs with a reflective coat of tiberium). It has been 2 weeks since the intial TCN hub activation and tiberium has rapidly dissipated from the local water supply and the area located around the city.

The locals; forced underground due to tiberium; live in hope that they will once see the overgrown surface where tiberium no longer reigns terror into the population, they have however been force to stay untill the surface is secured by GDI forces, the TCN had been activated for 2 weeks in this area(the landscape is slowly recovering) and now provides increasingly large amounts of power for the scrin tower.

Untill then Angel's gate has remained a popular choice as a refueling station for orbital convoys and start ships including the kodiak class orbital defence ships; in charge of protecting earth from threats such as the scrin.

Download Page Here

Download Here

Here is a preview of what to expect from this map:
sgate.jpg

sgate2.jpg

sgate3.jpg

Minimap:
sgateminimap.jpg

Last edited:
Two Maps there are really beautiful to look :top you have to win an design award.

But it is unplayable. Its laggy, because of too many Textures. The gras grows to much, so i cant see units. If there are clouds, i cant see a large terrain and the Uplink in the middle are just at half usable. I Like the apportionment and the design of the map. Not for practical tounament in my opinion.

Its was my first cnc4 map - wanted to make somthing outa the unused materials to offer a new design for an enviroment - whilst adding water, tend to lag, clouds can be annoying and the objects don't seem to display unless you look at their point of orign, apart from that - it all works fine.

Also sicher das du die map gemacht hast? Die gab es ja schon mindestens seit 19.04.2010. siehe Link die zweite map von unten.

@google translater
So sure you've made the map? The were already evident since at least 04/19/2010. see link in the second map from the bottom.

http://cncnz.com/downloads/tiberiantwilight/maps/#4

ich gib dir recht Lex GER diese map hatte ich vorher auch schon

I give to you surely to Lex GER this map I already also had before

EDIT :
oh guck mal an den autor das ist Tiberian fiend

oh look sometimes like autor this is called is Tiberian fiend

Doesn't matter when it was done
And as you can see, he's the creator of this map

Lex_GER said:
"So sure you've made the map? The were already evident since at least 04/19/2010. see link in the second map from the bottom."

Ha, I see you all think i'm not Tib, well, that would be tricky to prove, however I had no idea someone posted Angel gate on CNCNZ.

If you are unsure about my authentication then I urge you to send a private message to both C&C offical forum and PPM(moderators/overseers of contest).

Other than just an answer i'll make sure each answer is the same word for word in each reply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On further note - i'm glad your questioning my authenticity, too many mappers have been "framed" so to speak which is kinda sad to see in the CNC community.

I can attest to Tiberian fiend being the creator of this map. He helped me with one of my maps on a feature he used in this =)

I think the main point they were trying to make was that I could easily be framing myself - in any sense - how would ya know it was me on here?

This is why I would like for a moderator to possible verify my other acounts with the feedback from each.

I believe I helped noodle with the scripted Str. files, allowing her to publish maps with intros simular to the first picture, which is letter boxed and has a title suggesting location and time. - something only I -"tiberian fiend" would know. XD

Last edited:
I know how to use those boxes too ;)!

anyway great map :P. Just get rid of those clouds :D!

You should include a nod logo in the spawn zone – just in order to make it noticeable. The outposts should be set to be stealth mode from the beginning (if possible). In case this should not be possible, you might want to place an according tower to get the disguise.
The bottom node should have no more than 1 artillery tower and 2 captureable buildings. It’s very hard to pass the small pass, you might want to widen it a bit. The artillery might have to be moved a bit then, test it out.

The clouds aren’t very helpful, because they really disturb once battle view. One might advise to remove them completly or alternatively blend them in for a very short time only. I saw them the whole time.

Other than that this is a very challenging and balanced map :top

Current balance rating: 7; current design rating: 9

I'll defantly consider the clouds and removing the un-viewed - leaving the ones at the start due to cinematic reasons - they won't come back up as they only apper once.

i just needed a larger audience complaint - but thought it would be harmless to place clouds in areas which are not viewed often - as a return, I at least will link the background i saved from the clouds being placed in odd spots.

as for the southern 2 nodes, they are ment to be support nodes, air units should be the main focus, thats why i put 2 artillary positions - but a fast unit can by pass them with ease - and can turn a battle againest the defenders if the attack is strong enough, as for the nod logo - there is no object with the logo on it.

In terms of intresting gameplay I do prefer "the rocktagon"; as this map was abit hit an miss for me, I just wanted to create anew enviroment from unused objects in angels gate, in "The Rocktagon" I wanted to make a red zone because of the lack of any in C&C 4 and also give a story to why that may have been the case, it was also a challenge to bring a classic C&C 3 map back, whilst designing it for the new game mechanic - which I think I did successfully - but don't let me be the judge of that ;p.

Last edited:
Download link has been updated with:

Clouds apart from the start have been removed, Nod's starting area is now alittle more believable with nod flags, grid fences and damaged GDI logo.

Back
Top Bottom