Command & Conquer 4 Media Overload!

Laura1l

UF-Bot

Lieblings C&C

Zitat aus der News:

It's a Command & Conquer 4 media overload, you'll want to spend a lot of time on this page.

Weiterlesen...

Schrecklich, einfach alles zusammenwerfen ... das müssen wir in mehrere News aufteilen.

[URL="http://www.destructoid.com/no-major-actors-in-command-conquer-4-and-here-s-why-164015.phtml"]Destructoid[/URL] said:
No major actors in Command & Conquer 4, and here's why

Earlier this week, Electronic Arts invited Destructoid out to its studios in Redwood Shores to check out Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight for the PC. While most people's priorities would be to find out how Command & Conquer 4 is changing the C&C formula, my main concern was finding out if we would be seeing any celebrities making an appearance. What can I say? I have a guilty pleasure when it comes to celebrities and gossip.

I asked lead designer and the man behind the Command & Conquer fiction, Sam Bass, if we would be seeing any celebrities pop up. We won't be, and we can blame Sam for that. Luckily, there's a good reason behind this.

"Our cinematics always get written off as sort of campy," he explains. "It works really well for Red Alert where it’s kind of tongue-in-cheek. Whereas C&C 4, the story itself is pretty dark. It’s a dark grim, tale. So we wanted to have it be more believable."

Sam goes on to say "the goal was to hire actors who weren’t known, outside of Joe Kucan [Kane] of course cause I think there would be rioting if we replaced Joe. And he’d personally kill me."

"We wanted to get actors who weren’t known faces but were good actors so you could just believe them as the character as opposed to going “OH IT’S THE GUY FROM STARSKY AND HUTCH!” So we wanted to take a different approach. It’s a little risky cause you get a little less bit of mind share with unknown people but I think it actually really helps the story."

The cinematics this time around have more of a "movie-like" quality to them, too. The actors are on real sets, and the camera moves about as opposed to the static shots of Red Alert 3. My time was short with Tiberian Twilight, but the new cinematic approach hooked me in pretty fast; I was actually shocked by one of the game's early story events.

Check back later today as I'll be bringing you a full preview of Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight. And remember, blame Sam Bass for the lack of what you're seeing above in Tiberian Twilight.

Hands-on-Impressions

G4 TV

[URL="http://kotaku.com/5475853/command--conquer-4-tiberian-twilight-hands-on-a-less-cheesy-three+way-dip"]Kotaku[/URL] said:
A Less Cheesy Three-way Dip

There will be no celebrity cameos, no professional wrestlers tackling men in bear costumes anywhere in Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight, the planned final chapter in EA's real-time strategy Tiberium saga. But there will be plenty of Kane.

While thousands of gamers were playing the long-anticipated StarCraft II beta earlier this week, we were getting our first hands-on time with 2010's other big RTS, a chance to experience the futuristic and grittier than ever before Tiberian Twilight. While the direction has taken a turn for the "grittier and darker," it may be better interpreted as less cheesy, as the game's initial live action cinematics, a series trademark, quickly set the mood.

Seen from the eyes—or, rather, ocular implants—of a Global Defense Initiative soldier, Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight sets the stage for a tense alliance between the game's long-opposed factions, the GDI and the Brotherhood of Nod. The mistrust for Kane and his plans for a Tiberium Control Network that could save the world are quickly laid out, as the game leads into its first real-time strategy battles.

Weiterlesen

G4 TV

[URL="http://g4tv.com/games/pc/62543/command--conquer-4-tiberian-twilight/articles/69959/Command--Conquer-Hands-On-Impressions"]G4TV - Jake Gaskill[/URL] said:
Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight Hands-On Impressions

At the start of a mission, players can choose between Offense, Defense and Support classes, each of which serves a very distinct purpose on the battlefield and consists of unique units, powers and upgrades. One of the intended side-effects of having classes is that it makes the game more approachable for a wider audience. As C&C4 lead designer Sam Bass pointed out, he recently played the entire single player campaign using only the Support class, because, “I’m a turtle, which means I suck at a lot of the games I make, because they don’t really support turtle play. But this one does, which makes me very happy.”

Command--Conquer-4-Tiberian-Twilight.jpg

What Did We See?

My hands-on time with the game consisted of playing through the first five levels of the single-player campaign. The first three levels serve as tutorials for the three combat classes. One of the great new additions to the game is the Crawler, which is basically a mobile base that allows you to build and deploy troops wherever and whenever you want. You can also build units while the Crawler is on the move, giving you a chance to queue up troops while you travel between locations.

Weiterlesen

Gay Gamer

[URL="http://gaygamer.net/2010/02/hands_on_with_command_conquer.html"]Gay Gamer[/URL] said:
Hands on Impressions

Probably the biggest change to the game is that they have removed the need for resource gathering. That means there's no need to micromanage crystal gathering in order to create your troops. Now, while the staple troops from previous games are still present in the game, the way in which you access them as been more streamlined. When you first start off a mission you can choose one of three class types, each with its own mobile production base. Each of the three class types (defensive, offensive, and support) have their own arrangement of units, vehicles and upgrades to bring to the fight, so deciding which role to play in a mission is a big part of the strategy. You can change out your class type a limited number of times during a campaign, and doing so is often important since the campaigns are very much more objective based.

As far as storyline goes, the game picks up 15 years after the alliance was formed to help save humanity, and guess what, Kane is back and playing as pivotal a role as ever. Apparently we'll finally be able to find out his true motives and identity, and the GDI campaign should help wrap things up a bit more. It seems that both the GDI and the Nod will have single player campaigns to play through, each with a smaller set of missions from the last, since many players didn't actually make it all the way through the campaign modes last time due to the sheer number of missions.

Weiterlesen

Neueste Informationen von der Nachrichten-Front:

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/3684/command-conquer-4/videos/cc4_gmp_outnumbered_021710.html

Mercury News

[URL="http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2010/02/22/command-conquer-4-a-genre-blender-preview/"]Mercury News[/URL] said:
C&C 4 is a genre blender

Matt Ott, associate producer, said, “The movement makes you play more aggressively and play the way the developers intended.”

The RPG elements
This comes across in the leveling system EA Los Angeles employs. It is persistent throughout both the single-player campaign and the multiplayer modes. Players will gain experience points for each online match and completed stage, eventually bumping up their level. Going up a level unlocks more units that players can use. Overall, there’s 88 available and each have their strengths with five weapon types and five armor types.

When I asked Ott how they plan to balance online games with competitors at different levels, he said that the new units aren’t necessarily more powerful. They just open up more strategies for players. EA Los Angeles tried to balance the game so that smart novices using the basic units can give more experienced rivals a run for their money.

The MMO element
Command & Conquer 4 pits two factions against each other: the GDI and Nod. What’s interesting is that each faction has three classes: offense, defense and support. In a multiplayer match, players must choose which class they want to play as. The classes have their own units and their own roles in gameplay so having a good mix is important. In a 5 versus 5 match, it can be vital. An unbalanced team of all offense or all defense may have weak points that can be exploited.

To win, everyone has to work together using the strengths of their class. Ott said normally most five-player teams are made up of two offense, two defense and one support.

First-person shooter elements
The FPS traits are mostly evident in the multiplayer mode. Players will have their normal 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, etc. gampelay. But along with that, there are capture the flag elements in the resource gathering and a new mode similar to Battlefield’s Conquest, where players have to control specific nodes on a map.

That’s fine and good, but the biggest difference in Command & Conquer 4’s online play is that losing a base and being defeated isn’t the end of the game. More like an FPS, the game lets players respawn and continue on helping their comrades. Of course, dying has a penalty. Players will have to wait a bit before respawning. On top of that, they can choose another class to play as if they don’t like being the current one.

Weiterlesen

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/3684/command-conquer-4/videos/cc4_gmp_zone_def_021710.html

Destructoid

[URL="http://www.destructoid.com/how-command-conquer-4-changes-the-c-c-formula-164012.phtml"]Destructoid[/URL] said:
How Command & Conquer 4 changes the C&C formula

Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight is finally wrapping up the franchise's Tiberium saga. The biggest questions of the series will be answered, and we'll learn the most important thing of all -- exactly who Kane is. We'll learn what his ultimate goals and his true motives are, and find out why he seems to never die.

Not only are we going to finally get some closure to the story, but the Command & Conquer system has been changed for the better. Altering the formula after all this time is risky, but the team at EA Los Angeles feels strongly about what it's doing, and feels its fans will like what they see.

One of the first big changes you'll see in Tiberian Twilight is the lack of resource gathering. As soon as your base drops, you can build your units until you hit the population cap (another first for the series) is reached. There are Tiberium Crystals scattered across the map that you can collect to purchase unit upgrades, but I found myself ignoring them in my playthrough. I started right from the beginning, though, so upgrading wasn't a top priority.

Another biggie: Your main base -- where all the important stuff goes down, such as creating your units -- is mobile now. At the start of a match, you will summon a mobile base (which gets air-dropped into the map, crushing any enemy units in the way) called the Crawler that comes in three flavors: offensive, defensive, and supportive. Offensive focuses on ground combat, defensive on infantry units, and the support class on air vehicles. Defensive Crawlers also let you build defensive structures such as turret towers.

If things are getting heated (or if you want to move your base closer to the action), the Crawler can transform into an AT-AT-like walking fortress. The Crawler will continue making up to five units as it's moving, and the new troops will come out as soon as the unit transforms back into base mode. The Crawler (just like your units) is upgradable, and while I didn't dabble too much in the upgrades myself, I saw enemy Crawlers equipped with weapons.

Weiterlesen

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/3684/command-conquer-4/videos/cc4_gmp_tanks_vs_zone_021710.html

Back
Top Bottom