Okay, so I got back this morning and now that I've had a bit of time to sleep I'm going to post some of the answers to your questions:
Mission selection screen?
Stealth FX still flash of light?
- The campaign is linear as far as I can tell
- The stealth tank and such all have a cool wavy effect when stealthed and don't seem to have a flash of light when they unstealth. That might've been the flash from the tanks' rockets you saw in a movie.
Bridges? Repair Huts?
- No random maps
- YES to bridges and they do have repair huts Ja wir bekommen Brücken mit Wartungshäuschen. (zum reparieren)
- Waypointing is with alt like in Generals, you can see the lines. They might also be doing more but that's all I saw
- Commandos are like in the classic but more like TS/Gen's superheroes: you can only build one at a time.
Replacing individual soldiers in a squad? Health bars per squad or per guy in a squad?
- GDI and the Alien faction can heal their squads, I think
- The unit health bar is for the squad as a whole but individual squad members have their own health counters and fall independently
Map editor included?
3DS MAX exporter for C&C3 model format? Mod toolkit?
- Mod support is going to remain as it was in Gen/BFME/BFMEII... i.e., no integrated selector. They are trying to make sure the extra BIG files (or whatever they'll be called) will work a bit better than before
- Map editor will be available at release time
- Mod toolkit may not make release time but should be out soon after (yeah, we've heard that one before, hehe). One important note for BFMEII modders: THERE IS NO MORE ASSETS.DAT so it should be a LOT easier to add assets.
- Yes but not as a tank
Carry-all for moving tanks?
Mobile stealth generators?
- It doesn't appear so, but there are a lot of ways to plonk down a forward base in order to crank tanks out there
- Nod has a beam-weapon artillery. There aren't a lot of units that plink shells high into the air
- There are no ant-superweapon systems
- There are no mobile stealth generators, although Nod has more than a few units that can stealth...
Collector's edition available without pre-order?
Self-destruct for valuable units?
- Not sure but the pre-order package is sort of something inependent; you get a DVD with some special movies and that cool Kane-with-ring boxart.
- If you want something destroyed, you have to shoot it yourself
board guests wrote:
- Kuan's input?
- Superweapon buildings visible to all players?
- Superweapon timers visible to all players?
- This is definitely a DVD game
- Kucan was more of an actor and less of a director in this project, but let me tell you that the cinematics director has a lot of experience under his belt and certainly in the cutscenes I saw, Kane is Kane as you knew him in TS.
- Superweapon buildings do reveal the map as in Generals
- Superweapon timers are visible to all in the top-left, as an icon with a timer in it (so no more dorky text in the bottom-left). Note that some "super" powers that cost money and have timers (like a lot of the "deploy reinforcement" powers) don't have public timers, so those are a bit more like Generals' powers except they're tied to buildings and if you lose the building, you lose the power (at least temporarily).
I'll be posting a fuller write-up on the weekend or something, and expect pictures in a few days. I still need sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.
Tim "HeXetic" Gokcen