Forgotten Gulch - Map Entry

Hi Incia,

to make them symmetrical go in the Menu to "Edit" > "Enable Placement Grid".
Then you can count the single grid and place each spwanpoint at the same.

Hmm, I only heard that the passages to small, not tested it by myself, so if you say they are big enough, you should be right.

I can`t help you with the placement of the Tib, cause I don`t know how to use the worldbuilder. But But here are many people around, who can help you. :)

Hi Incia,

to make them symmetrical go in the Menu to "Edit" > "Enable Placement Grid".
Then you can count the single grid and place each spwanpoint at the same.

That seems to help yes but, also sounds very annoying :D

Hmm... btw when is this competition over? Or is it already over?

I see what I can do during this weekend.

Hmm, I only heard that the passages to small, not tested it by myself, so if you say they are big enough, you should be right.

Im was confused about the pass downside... i cant pass him with my Cralwer, but the pass at the top i can Pass. Just a mistake or was it in your mind?
I think, you dont change it, it will be a very very very bad Point for your Map..

This map is center only strange. Team that owns the middle, will win the match. (See the tournament final matches and any other matches).
The tunnel from middle to the top or bottom are to near of the turret. When the Turret will capture in the middle, they destroy the tunnel from middle to the sides. Please move both little bit out of there. Its to easy to destroy the tunnel.
The small way's from bottom or top to the middle are to thin. It will enforce to use air to capture, cause the way's will blocked by one unit only, looks like crawler or something.

The Tiberium points are very good. The Uplink Tower are to near on the TOP or Bottom. It will not really help go tactics, only better tiberium capture.

Good work for this map, this little fixes and it will be a very good map for 3on3!

I have now changed the nod green tiberium, it is now almost exactly the same as for GDI.
And for blue tiberiums, also now tested, the north was captured 1-2sec faster by Nod, but the south was captured 1-2sec faster by GDI. So that's how I had it in mind, north is in Nods favor while south is in GDI favor.

I also made the bottom entrance wider, so the Crawler can now fit through it just fine.

Where can I download the tournament replays btw?

And one point heard from many other official maps, it is usually the same case for all maps; control the middle = win in the end.

Also, I did have that in mind that the turret can kill both Tunnels, but that was a map decision as it encourages the other player to capture the opposite turrets as it will benefit them greatly. You should guard your sides turret and not let it be captured :o

Hmm... what else... oh yeah, I also added more textures and eye-candy to the map, it should look much better now too.

I also tested myself and you can get stuck on the mountain cliffs if you jump in there with Zone troopers. So I will have to fix that bit too.

I haven't updated the map into these forums yet... so it's still the old version here...
I want to make one giant update and then release the final version. :)

Hmm... and it seems my computer has got a virus in it, half of the internet pages don't work, and I can't use MSN or Steam, or start up C&C 4 :/
I'm doing a virus scan right now... hopefully it haven't destroyed my computer.

In order to make the seperation between ocean and countryside more visible we would suggest to increase the high of the shoreline.
The building top middle unfortunally doesn't make alot of sense, we would suggest to remove it and maybe replace it with ruins.

Prefereably on the whole map as shown here:

Spread some of these buildings in order to create a even deeper gaming experience.

In addition it would enhance the balance to move the artillery platforms on both sides a bit so that the opposing defense turrets stay intact. Right now, if one of the artillery towers is captured it will automatically destroy those defenses.

Hey all!

Just want to say that my computer is now working normally. But yeah, whole day have been ruined for me, because I couldn't get anything working because my computer was acting all weird.
I'll try to update the map to perfect tomorrow.

And AnNo1935, I'm not sure I understand your suggestion :/ Could you please elaborate?

Lift the shore at the left sea a little bit, to make a clear difference between the sea and the land. At the moment its a hard to tell.

When we tested the map there was a building in its center (i dont know if its deleted now), otherwise you should replace it with a destroed one to get a uniforme map.

The turrents are not that well positioned, because if they are taken they shoot the defensive buildings of a player, so we would ask you to move them just a little bit.

EDIT: Yeah, map feels much more smooth now. I think I have 'fixed' all the feedback I've got so far.

*Improved the beach look with some palm trees.
*Cliffs and Tiberium drops are more symmetrical now (Nod side have been made over).
*Garrison bunkers are closer to nodes and point of interest.
*I deleted the big building up north. (Uplink tower feels great alone in the big grass area)
*South gulch is wide enough for defense crawlers to pass through now.
*Artillery Turret replaced with AA-Turret (won't be a game-winning idea to capture them now).
*Also added some more buildings and eye-candy for the map, and Sonic towers round Tiberiums.

I will do the minimap-update today and upload the new version of the map (the final hopefully) little later today. I have been up the whole night working on this map, so I should go to sleep now.

Last edited:
This didn't bump when I added the final version (hopefully the final), soo bump. :)
I hope it's much more smoother gameplay now.

Really digging the changes. Tib distances are even now and I like how you can't rely on the artillery to protect you in the middle now :)

Back
Top Bottom