So, what is the European Conflict about?
European Conflict is a new and unique tournament where both the Global Defense Initiative and the Brotherhood of Nod defy each other in order to gain power over Europe, one of the least contaminated areas of Earth. Tiberium map of Europe
Fundamentally, one can compare European Conflict with Hasbro's classic table game "Risk"
. The main objective is to protect one's own territories while conquering new ones. Yet, only the conqueringsystem can be compared to European Conflict.
This tournament is a round based strategy game that lasts up to 10 weeks. Each time will have two chances per week to attack a territory (or fraction) and to gain influence over their territories. Like in the table game "Risk", there will be eventcards, who'll be randomly distributed in the beginning of the game or who can be gained during the tournament. If used wisely even better teams than yours can be defeated.
Different types of those strategic cards can be seen [-here-]
You can read the tournament rules or take a look at the overview at the PDF
under this link: European Conflict Rules English version coming soon.
To make things even better, we'll feature tournamentadmins, live-caster as well as a weekly replay analysis. Registration
The registration to this tournament takes place on top of this threat. The players have to join a team that has been created by their teamleader beforehand.
- When creating a game, the teamleader has to create a password, that the teammembers have to use in order to join the team.
- Please consider to add the identification codes for the fraction you want to play. (G) standing for GDI, while (N) stands for Nod. If you don't have any preferences concerning your fraction, you should put (E) as ID code.
- Please consider as well, if you want to resign, please do it as soon as possible. Note that only the teamleader can delete his team.
It doesn't matter if you're a bunch of friends who want to participate or a clan. A team has to conclude 5 players or more. If your team has a lot of members, you should think about registering two seperate teams.
If you don't have any team yet or if you're searching for members to join your team, you can visit this treat
***Note that each team has a limit of 10 players and the teams are limited to 5 per fraction. This number represents at maximum participation 20 games per week, so no one gets bored. Date/Time
- The battle for Europe begins on the 18th of July 2010 from 20 o'clock (date changed), ending on 3rd of october 2010(date changed)(latest) or when a fraction gained world domination.
- The preregistration for your teams can be done from 13th of June at 17 o'clock onwards.
- The preregistration for the tournament will close on 18th of July at 18 o'clock (date changed).
If we've left you with some questions, you can meet us in the IRC-Channel of the United Forum on the 20th of June. The time still has to be set when the meeting begins. (Accessdata can be seen under Communication) Round/Game rules
Two attacks on enemy territory can be conducted per week. You have to arrange yourself with the defending team and register the attack at the tournamentadministration. The administration has to agree in order for the attack to be valid! Here come the rules for the Fights:
- The games are played by the rules of Best-of-2
- The size of the team is decided by the attacking team. If a team with 5 players attack, the defending team has to put up 5 players as well. If the defending team is not able to put up 5 players, the attacking team can decide to reduce their team size. Note that the smallest team counts 3 players.
- Game presets: (Can be altered by using eventcards.)
- Effectivity: normal
- Pointlimit depends on the teamsize:
3on3 3000 Points
4on4 3500 Points
5on5 4000 Points
- Unitkill-multiplicator: 1x
- Targetpoint-Multiplicator: 1x
- Reveal Map: Disabled
- Random Crates: Disabled
At the end of the games the defeated team has to post the screenshots and the replays [in this tread]
without delay. The winning team should take a look at the posts, and if something isn't showed correctly, take complaint at the tournamentadministration. Maps
At the beginning of the game, the maps will be randomly distributed over the territories. An overview of the distribution can be seen [here]
There will be a registration time frame of 3 weeks, where teams can be registrated and modified. Each team should count from 7 to 5 players, while 5 represents the minimum to participate. Each team decides for a teamleader, who has to organize the intern communication, as well as to report the outcome of the matches to the tournamentadministration via [this forum threat]
. Why up to 7 players?
7 players represent 5 players who can play a match while 2 players stay on stand-by in order to replace someone who can't play. You can put up more than 7 players, but it would be a better choice to make two separate teams if you count more than 10 players. Territory distribution at start
Goal of the Game
- Each team will occupy a certain amount of territories in the beginning. Half of those territories will be granted, while the other half can be chosen by the teams. The order in which the teams may choose will be randomly generated. The choosing will be held in IRC.
- The amount of territories that will be free to be chosen will depend on the amount of teams that register for the tournament.
- The remaining territories are considered to be neutral or won't be available and labeled as "red zones". These "red zones" will have different suprises and can only be conquered when the tournamendadministration release them.
- The distribution of the territories can be seen [here].
The main objective of the game will be to gain absolute domination for your fraction.
The teams will fight for their fraction, but they'll be evaluated separately for the territories lost or conquered during the event.
If two teams will have the same score at the end of the tournament, they'll have to battle for the first place in a best-of-4 match.
Arbeitet also taktisch Klug mit anderen Teams eurer Fraktion zusammen, aber seit euch selbst der Nächste.
To be the best, you should act tacticly wise with the teams in your fraction, but try to be the best of them all. Communication
The United-Forum provides an IRC-channel and the [uG]esports Clan provies a Teamspeak 3 Server for the players during the tournament.
- Logindata for Teamspeak 3:
- To join the UF IRC Channel use this data: Server: de.quakenet.org ; Channel: #united-forum.
Please follow these rules individually since the tournamentadministration can't be present at all the matches. Still we'll take a look at all the replays!
- Any way considered as cheating, deliberately disconnect, bugabuse is strictly forbidden.
- If a player disconnects during the startup of the match, the game shall be restarted when the team missing the player asks so.
- A disconnect after 1 minute of matchtime will not lead to a remake of the match. Yet, if both teams agree to restart the match, the match can be remade.
- Extraordinary cases, like a massive gamecrash for most of the teamplayers, are considered individually and separately. In this case, please inform the tournamentadministration. Naturally, the game can be remade if both teams agree.
Additionally to the gaming fun, to make things a bit more spicy, there will be prizes to be gained.
Here are the prizes:
An overview of the up to date information can be found in this treat. Some words from us...
The tournament will be held and administrated by the [uG]esport Clan' Command & Conquer 4 - Tiberian Twilight Squad, with support from the United-Forum Team. (At this point we want to express our gratitude to Osbes
for his technical support and preparations).
The [uG]-Team says thanks to their Clanleaders, especially to ILLrockYa
for the Idea and the elaboration of the tournament. To conclude we want to say thanks to the United-Forum
for the friendly support in the future and we hope that a lot of people will show interest and have a lot of fun that no one shall forget so fast!
Fair and exciting games are wished to you by,
[uG]esport Clan's C&C 4 - Squad Tournament organisation members:
Tournamentadministration: sHiRoKKo Art_of_Fantasy b-a-d-b-o-y1978 Der Obstkuchen Fariberod
Replayanalysis: Clues1 Fariberod
Live Caster: aveng3r Uniqu3. Art_of_Fantasy Fariberod