Patch 1.06 is currently in QA and is "locked". This means we are not adding any content to it currently. Anything else will go to 1.07.
The patch will certainly not be out next week because of the 4th of July holiday.
However, we are not sending this patch through the normal approval process because of its small size and "immediate need" (i.e. hot fix). Its primary intent is to fix this exploit and further enhance disconnect tracking so that we can better track and eliminate disconnectors with our policy.
I do not want to commit to a date or week for the patch, but the fact that only QA needs to approve it bodes well for getting it out as fast as possible after next week. QA has not found anything significantly wrong with it currently either in testing thus far, but as things always go, we are double checking our bases.
Its unfortunate the 4th of July falls right in the middle of the week on Wednesday but we didn't decide the date calendar hundreds of years ago. I guess someone predicted 500 years ago this would happen eh? ;o)
It's just that time of the holiday summer, can't get around it.
1.06 already was on track for an earlier release, but this exploit added another layer of testing and fixing that we needed to do. Combine that with the 4th of July holiday falling next week on a weekday and its just some unfortunate unplanned timing.
If the patch doesn't go live next week, i'll at least try and get the change-list up. The patch is also enhancing the way we track disconnects, which has been a lot of work, that was originally the primary component of 1.06.
We've also fixed the Nod Cloaking field bug which was taking too much money away from you and some other minimal lobby bugs that you probably have not noticed.(Sry wenn meine List etwas konfus ist, Apoc hat xx Posts gestern losgelassen und ich editiert immer etwas dazu, wenn ich einen neuen finde ^^)
I understand the ladder reset was meant to happen with patch 1.05, but right before I left for 2 weeks we made a decision to delay that until we begin our 1st ladder season. I am currently in talks with sponsors and scoping out how season 1 will work. My goal is to have this all launch with patch 1.06 or very shortly thereafter, that is the goal.
It makes no sense to reset the ladder and then start your season two weeks later or reset the ladder and then reset it again two weeks later.
So, yes, the clock is ticking, and i'm working hard and fast to fight it so that this can all happen at the same time.
Our policies against disconnectors will be related to how much you disconnect. If you disconnect frequently, you'll likely be suspended, and further disconnecting after that will warrant a ban.
As for cheaters, I personally want to be as vigilant and zero-tolerant as possible. I feel if someone is caught map hacking or cheating that they should be suspended at minimum 30 days, if not permanently banned. If it were me having the only and final say, I would serial key ban anyone caught cheating, instantly )
- Der Patch ist momentan in der QA Abteilung
- Der Inhalt des Patches steht schon fest, weitere Bugs etc., die ab jetzt gefunden werden kommen in 1.07
- Hauptinhalte sind Bug-Exploit Fixes und Verbesserungen im D/C Code
- nächste Woche kommt er vermutlich noch nicht, wegen dem 4.Juli
- Es war ein früherer Release geplant, aber der (invicible) Exploit hat es verzögert
- Wenn der Patch nächste Woche nicht kommt versucht Apoc wenigstens die ChangeList freizugeben
- der Nod Tarnfeld Bug ist gefixt.
- Das neue Ziel für den Ladder Reset und die erste Ladder Season ist jetzt 1.06 oder kurz nach 1.06 - sie wird jetzt nicht resettet, weil sie dann xWochen später nochmal resettet werden würde
- Anti-d/c Politik - wer oft d/ced bekommt zuerst eine Auszeit und wenn man danach weiter d/c wird man gebannt
- Anti-cheat Politik scheint noch nicht ganz klar zu sein, was sie sein -- Apoc philosophiert von 30Tagen bis perm. Ban
Eine vollständige Übersetzung von (fast) allen Posts die Apoc zu dem Thema gepostet hat findet ihr nun auf CnC-Community.de