Last month, we requested your help in playtesting a variety of potential balance changes for Heart of the Swarm. After two iterations of potential changes, two brand new versions of the test map, and a community-driven balance test tournament, we're pleased to announce that we're ready to move forward with a balance update as we begin ladder play during the World Championship Series off-season.
Today, we'll be making the following balance changes for StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm multiplayer:
- Movement speed increased from 3.375 to 4.
- Acceleration increased from 2 to 3.
- Units that burrow or cloak while under the effects of Revelation will once again be revealed after unburrowing or uncloaking.
- Vehicle and Ship Weapon upgrades have been combined.
- Siege Mode attack period decreased from 3.0 to 2.8.
- Sentinel Missiles now deal reduced damage to units caught within its splash radius based on their distance from the target:
- 40 damage within 1.25 radius.
- 20 damage from 1.25 to 1.5.
- 10 damage from 1.5 to 1.75.
- The Tunneling Claws upgrade now increases burrowed Roach movement speed from 1.41 to 2.