Und gleich noch ein 4X Spiel weil's so schön ist. Kommen soll es im Q4 2013. Die Features lesen sich wie folgt:
- 8 major races each with their own ship designs, technologies, unique traits and unique abilities, meaning playing with each race is a different challenge and offers new ways to approach the game.
- Big, living universe: In addition to the major powers, independent races and pirate clans also claim the galaxy as their residence; their existence can be an annoyance, or a blessing if you can take advantage of them.
- Deep economical and political layer: War isn't the only way to weaken your rivals. Diplomacy, intelligence and trade can be one of many powerful tools that, if used properly, can be very effective as well.
- Tactical Turn based combat
- Create and customize your own ship designs
- Generals: These unique and powerful units evolve as they battle and if used well can be the difference between defeat and victory.
- Randomly generated universe, tech tree and units: You will never play the same game twice.
- Empire shattering: Unrest might lead rebels to start a civil war which in turn might lead to the creation of a new, independent empire that might grow to rival your own.
- Plotting: Secretly finance a war against your rivals in order to weaken them or prepare a surprise joint war along with your allies in a bid to destroy that frighteningly fast growing empire. Beware of spies and whistle-blowers though; your plot might be uncovered before you put it in action and the consequences can be dire.
- Domestic Policies: Rule your empire as you wish. Turning it into a dystopia, a utopia or something in between, it's up to you.
- Human-like AI that doesn't cheat and plays by the same rules as human players, while presenting a constant challenge.
- Modding Support.
- Lan, hot seat and Online multiplayer with matchmaking.
//edit - Alpha Video"Star Lords aims to raise the bar in the 4x genre while pleasing to old school fans and newcomers alike and we are very happy to have found a great partner in Iceberg Interactive," said Arkavi Studios CEO Mike Domingues. "Not only we can count on their experience and know how to help further elevate the quality of the game, we know they love 4x titles as much as we do, as proven by their work on previous titles in the genre."
"The deal was actually signed a while ago, but we held back on this announcement while Arkavi was making a lot of improvements behind closed doors before we were willing to reveal it. We are very excited to bring 4x gamers this splendid newborn later this year after we have helped it come to fruition," added Erik Schreuder of Iceberg Interactive.