Unit Spotlight: Shogun Battleship
- » Shirada 400 mm cannon (x6)
- » Self-charging auxiliary generator
- » Prow-mounted point defense shield
- » On-board detention / meditation grove
- » Hand-sewn ornamental flags inspire faith
- Shirada cannons -- The Shogun battleships are armed with six guns a piece; three barrels on each of two mounts, one in the fore and one in the aft. While functionally similar to traditional 400 mm battleship cannons, the superheated slugs of the Shirada cannons are even more destructive yet more precise.
- Ramming speed -- Although the guns on a Shogun battleship are unable to track nearby targets, these vessels are far from defenseless up close. Their captains stand ready to supercharge their engines and crash straight through any enemy vessels that dare to close the distance.
- The highest standard -- There exist two types of Shogun battleships, one of which is rarer and reserved for the most-venerable captains and commanders. These fortified Shoguns can be identified by their ornamental flags, and are altogether more powerful than their counterparts.
- In support of the armada -- The strict code of the Imperial navy dictates a symbiotic relationship between various fleet elements, linking their survival to their cooperation. As a result, the Shogun battleship eschews any anti-aircraft weaponry, lending it a purity of purpose as well as a perceived weakness.