Big Bottom on gr.org
So the latest PC Zone (UK) came through my letterbox yesterday and it has an 8-page preview of RA3. Almost all of the stuff here is already on the web but I'll summarise the stuff I thought was new here.
* The Japan campaign is currently aimed at being unlockable after you finish the Allied or Soviet ones.
* Japan are probably the strongest race in the water at present.
* Many of the Japanese units transform into other ones.
* The fact that your base can be built out at sea is designed to encourage players to use aircraft more.
* There will be significant resources out at sea so naval presence can't be ignored.
* In SP every faction has three commanders who favour a certain style ie tanks and heavy armour or airforce
* A monitor in the corner of the screen shows you the state of the AI and allows you to give four orders: attack or defend a unit or location, stop or help me. Without orders the AI will do it's own thing.
* In MP you can put units in friendly transports, use allied airfields and repair bays and you can give units to another player. You cannot, however, simply give your ally cash, which is designed to make giving units to another player a risk since the units might be ambushed en route to your ally.
* There will be less units with multiple capabilities than in C&C3, so no massing of uber-tanks-that-kill-everything.
* Every unit has a primary and secondary ability (not sure how this meshes with the above point, I'm just copying what it says smile.gif )
* Online matches will average at 20-30 minutes.
* One of the allied AI commanders is Major Giles, a stiff upper lip British commander specialising in special weapons and aircraft, played by Beowulf actor Greg Ellis.
* There is a weapon called a Time Bomb, which can be chronosphered into your opponents base. In MP this can result in a situation where both players chrono the bomb into each others base like a hot potato until it explodes.
* Mission locations include San Diego, Cape Cod, Amsterdam, Heidelberg, Easter Island, Mount Fuji and Santa Monica.
* Executive producer Chris Corry - "Peter Weller is not in RA3."
* ETA Winter 2008 -quelle-