Tomorrow (or what may be today for some of you reading this) we will be releasing Patch 1.09 for Red Alert 3. While it may seem like a pretty quick turnaround since 1.08, the following were a number of issues we wanted to get in to 1.08, and issues we fixed after the release. Thank you to everyone for the consistent feedback here on the boards. Please feel free to keep us posted on the hottest issues, rest assured I am keeping a hot list and we are assessing everything week to week. Here is what you can expect in 1.09.
This patch for Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 fixes several exploits and bugs, improves balance, adds a community news viewer, and more.
· Added a smoke flare delay when using the Magnetic Singularity support power.
· The IFV base defense is now more vulnerable to cannon damage.
· If a King Oni uses his bull rush secondary ability while shrunk by a Cryocopter's S.H.R.I.N.K. ray, the King Oni will now explode on impact.
· In multiplayer matches, Allied and Soviet players may now dock their aircraft at any friendly airfield, regardless of faction, to refuel and reload.
User Interface Enhancements
· Added the ability for hosts to select a random tournament map when playing in a custom match with 2 or 4 players. Players will see the Random Map option on the Map Selection list.
· Added a community news window that is displayed on game launch. This window can be disabled by selecting “Do Not Show Again” on the news window.
· Added a Spanish multiplayer lobby.
· Units will no longer occasionally animate incorrectly when crossing a bridge.
· The Striker VX and King Oni now correctly animate when powered down by an EMP attack.
· Fixed an exploit that allowed players to create health, money, or veterancy crates.
· Fixed a crash caused by saving while a Magnetic Singularity was active on the map.
· Added additional Mod support to Red Alert 3. <-- this is in preparation for our official Mod SDK release. We are currently working on polishing the SDK, I will inform you with specifics when I have them regarding the release.
· Updated the credits.
Finally, I'd like to specifically call out the map-transfer issue and scroll-delay. These are two hot-button issues and they are currently items we are looking in to for future patches. I just wanted to re-assure everyone that they have not been forgotten, but all the above are important issues we wanted to address in 1.09. Thanks for your understanding and I hope you enjoy the next patch for Red Alert 3.
I'll have more on the Mod SDK when I have specifics, but again, you can rest assured it is being worked on.